Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Baaaaackkkk!!!! :)

Hey guys!!!

Hey! I haven't been posting lately, but I've been super busy! (I know... excuses, excuses.) Just wanted to let you guys know that my episodes will be airing again soon on the Hub!!! I'll let you know the times and days as soon as I find out!!

I still hang out with most of my 5th grader friends... we've continued to talk and reconnect every once in a while! I've gone to producers for a bunch of projects lately... about 5 or 6!! I thought I'd share something I just learned with you to give you and idea of just how hard it is to even get an audition!

A popular show will release something called a Breakdown. A Breakdown states the age, name, height, and personality of the character. If you fit the role, your agent will submit you. I was recently told by a casting director of a VERY popular show that they usually receive about 1,000-2,000 submissions for a role. In a submission, an agent will sent your headshot, resume, and often times they will send a short paragraph stating why you are right for the role.... that's called "pitching." So 1,000 to 2,000 kids have to be sorted through in order to find who to bring in for a pre-read. Now, a pre-read is an on-camera pre-audition with a casting director before being brought in for an actual audition. For a pre-read, they bring in about 50-80 kids! So the odds of even getting an audition could be 50/2,000!!!! Pretty crazy, right? Then, you'll go to the actual audition, where they'll see about 30 to 50 kids. This will be put on tape as well. Then, the tapes that the casting director will pick 8 to 12 kids to come in for a read with the producers. Then, one person will book the job! It's pretty difficult to even get and audition, let alone go to producers... let alone book anything!!!! I've been working really hard and doing the best that I can in all of my auditions.... I've just got to keep trying!! :) Hope I gave you guys a little bit of insight!!


I'll be posting again soon!!

-Dani :)

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is shahad i love ur blog <3 can u folow me and but noie pics thx my twitter is
    @blackinmylife
    see noie blog and my blog thx
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete